[AR] Re: Narrow Band TV

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 16:48:44 -0700

 Not true? Is so true! Ken this is not NBTV that is a fast scan video.
ATV is FSTV or SSTV this is a NBTV broadcast.

http://www.qsl.net/zl1wtt/images/ZL1BPU_outside.mp4

 The quality and resolution are quite low but the requited bandwith is
on the order of 2khz rather than several 4-7 Mhz for standard FSTV.

 This example is indicative of the process. It can now be done in
software in real time. In the old days when NASA did it they had a
camera pointing onto a special screen that had long lasting phosphor.

 The NASA footage of the moon landing was 320 lines of resolution at 10
FPS this modern method of NBTV is mor3 like 48 lines of resolution.

 There was a mechanical type of television in the beginning of TV and it
was 32 lines of resolution but this is a mechanical process.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92dN2G5-D4c

 Too sum up here is my friend fsphil transmitting and receiving live
NBTV using a Raspberry Pi and a SDR Radio.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGgmCiJ9iEM

 The quality of NBTV is much lower as you can see but still useful and
can be transmitted much farther. The resolution may not be sufficient
for you. If you need narrow bandwith this is what you can use.

 Monroe