[AR] Re: Low Pressure aluminum tanks

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 13:39:28 -0700

This company can probably help you.
http://justgastanks.com/index.php?cPath=149_329 USA company give them a
call? They have some in the gallon size just ask for no cap. Are you in
the US Lars? Low pressure as in how many PSI? If that won't work for you
I can keep looking I have a few min available right now. Another
possibility is an automotive dry sump tank.

From: Ed Kelleher <Pres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, July 02, 2015 12:57 pm
To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or, 3/4 the size:

Catalina Cylinders 1602

http://www.catalinacylinders.com/products/aluminum-cylinders/categories/low-pressure/

A drawing here:

http://www.palmettoaerospace.com/Catalina1602RevD.pdf

I got several of these a few years back @ 72 USD.

They don't leak.

Ed Kelleher

At 03:31 PM 07/02/2015, Paul Mueller wrote:
If you don't mind the minor detail that they are 7 times too big....

<http://www.harborfreight.com/7-gallon-aluminum-air-tank-94801.html>
http://www.harborfreight.com/7-gallon-aluminum-air-tank-94801.html

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Lars Osborne
<<mailto:lars.osborne@xxxxxxxxx>lars.osborne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am looking for some aluminum tanks.
Could anyone recommend commercial off the shelf 1 gallon aluminum
tanks? I don't need anything over 100 psi.
ARB (Australian company) has some tanks that are about right, but I
have discovered that their machinists don't know the difference
between NPT and BSPT, which is problematic.
Thanks,
Lars Osborne