[AR] Re: Low Pressure aluminum tanks

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 10:15:55 -0500

Thanks! One more thing - were you able to order small quantities directly from them or did you have to go through a distributor?

-Bob

On 07/04/2015 09:49 AM, Ed Kelleher wrote:

Bob,

2.2 lbs according to a note I made on the drawing, which seems in the ball park.

Ed

At 10:22 AM 07/04/2015, Robert Watzlavick wrote:
Ed,
Do you know the weight of the Catalina 1602? I had turned down the walls of a Catalina ME oxygen cylinder to about 0.085 inches to achieve essentially the same thing. The ME has more internal volume but the 1602 still might work better for my application. One advantage of the ME though is it has enough wall thickness at the bottom for a -6 AN port.

-Bob

On 07/02/2015 02:57 PM, Ed Kelleher wrote:
Or, 3/4 the size:

Catalina Cylinders 1602

http://www.catalinacylinders.com/products/aluminum-cylinders/categories/low-pressure/

A drawing here:

http://www.palmettoaerospace.com/Catalina1602RevD.pdf <http://www.palmettoaerospace.com/Catalina1602RevD.pdf>

I got several of these a few years back @ 72 USD.

They don't leak.

Ed Kelleher

At 03:31 PM 07/02/2015, Paul Mueller wrote:
If you don't mind the minor detail that they are 7 times too big....

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-gallon-aluminum-air-tank-94801.html

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Lars Osborne <lars.osborne@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:lars.osborne@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

I am looking for some aluminum tanks. Could anyone recommend commercial off the shelf 1 gallon
aluminum tanks? I don't need anything over 100 psi. ARB (Australian company) has some tanks that are about right,
but I have discovered that their machinists don't know the
difference between NPT and BSPT, which is problematic. Thanks, Lars Osborne