[AR] Re: Destructive testing and reliability

  • From: Uwe Klein <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 11:00:01 +0100

Am 29.10.2015 um 03:44 schrieb David Weinshenker:

On 10/28/2015 09:27 AM, James Padfield wrote:
I suppose I should have given a bit more background...

I am testing the reliability of an explosive train, i.e. from booster to
main charge -

Ah - so the desired outcome is that the barrier -does- rupture under
pressure, allowing the explosion to propagate. If the object of the
exercise is to confirm practical (vs. statistical) reliability, then
your proposal for building test assemblies with slightly thicker
barriers does make some sense.

You can always do larger scale changes for one parameter and
see where you leave the comfort zone.

here forex reduce the size of the primer charge until you
get into nonworking territory ( you'll pass a point of marginality. Repeat for some other
parameter changed slightly. Prove that charge size scales well with
the changed parameter.

uwe