[AR] Re: Boy Scout leader killed by model rocke

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "JMKrell" for DMARC)
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 20:25:56 -0500

Sorry, I didn't see your last sentence on your post from the 17th.

Krell

In a message dated 11/19/2015 5:10:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
clj@xxxxxxxxx writes:

On 11/19/2015 7:55 PM, (Redacted sender JMKrell for DMARC) wrote:

The speculation on this accident has been focused on blunt force
trauma to the head or face. Another possibility is a severe cut from
the fins to the head or neck. I've witnessed balsa wood fins leaving
deep groves in wheel fenders from near miss lawn dart model rockets.
A thin plywood or fiber glass fin would be equivalent to a knife
blade. Something to think about.

Well, two days ago in this very thread I wrote "anything moving fast
enough that slices a large enough blood vessel can cause death
relatively quickly", so it wasn't like the possibility wasn't broached.