[AR] Re: Blue Origin

  • From: "John Dom" <johndom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 17:14:13 +0100

Cool stuff. Descent attitude unstable: they were lucky. Also, too short legs
IMHO.
DC-XA made it only to 10300 ft (3100 m) according to Wiki.

jd

On 2015-11-24 07:42, David Chandler wrote:

I'm surprised nobody on this list has yet mentioned yesterday's
historic flight by Blue Origin's New Shepard.
https://www.blueorigin.com/
I believe this is the first-ever successful vertical landing of a
spacecraft after a trip to space, is that not right? DC-X made some
vertical landings, but I don't think it ever flew to 100 km, did it?
Space-X will probably do it on their next flight or so, but it seems
that this is one for the history books.