[AR] Re: Arocket Turbopump Project

  • From: "Troy Prideaux" <GEORDI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:42:52 +1000

I'm currently accessing all the input from Peter, Troy and Andrew and I
am listening for more input from arocket about this design.

I do need to know what Troy and Andrews pump was designed to pump
(working Fluid) Also I'm wondering if anti-vortex ribs would be helpful
to the Barske pump as well? Being that it's more forgiving in design it
seems.

That particular pump was Andrew's Design - I just made the parts, so I can't
answer these questions with any authority, but what I recall is roughly:

This was a proof of concept pump that was going to be tested with water.
Ultimately, the goal was to use either this or a revised variant with peroxide.
The designed inlet pressure was something in the ballpark of 75psi to minimise
cavitation.
The designed outlet pressure with the short 5KW motorised burst was ~800psi.
The expected flow rate was expected to be in the ball part of 0.3Kg/sec.

Again, Andrew will need to verify how accurate those numbers are.

Troy