[ARMini-support] USB Audio

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:09:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

People may be interested to know that in the last day or two I've started
being able to play 'high resolution' audio files with specs up to
192k/24bit on my ARMiniX using an external USB DAC. Sounds pretty good. :-)

This is using experimental modules, etc, which Colin Granville had
initially got working on an Iyonix. There are still some bugs/snags, so
more to do, but basically, it works!

And during this I've also been experimenting with playing the files from a
FAT formatted SD card in the slot. This also seems OK. Mention this as it
seems to be becoming common for people to keep audio files on SD cards,
etc.

Jim