Re: [ARMini-support] Updated Aug 2015 ARMX6 OS

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:08:59 +0100

That is brilliant! And seems to be working well. Access to my NAS (a
Zyxel NSA325) which was impossible with LanMan98 now works flawlessly.
And I don't have to faff about turning off the password setting in the
Windows 7 registry for PC shares. Great work!

Will this be/is this available for other ROMS, or is it specific to
the ARMX6?

Since this seems like a popular new feature, I have uploaded a version
of OmniClient with suitable tweak to soft-load the necessary LanManFS
upgrade, to the private users' area for ARMini, ARMiniX and Pi. That
means all our customers (ARMini, ARMiniX, Beagle, Panda, Pi) will
benefit.

Further than that, though, this also works quite happily on other
machines. I'm running it on a RISCube here and successfully accessing
password protected shares on our NAS.

The zip is called Omni221-252.zip. Please note that it will likely be
superceded by future disk build upgrades down the line, but for now it
provides a useful chunk of extra functionality.

Please note that this is covered by your Castle/RISC OS licence
supplied with your machine or Support Scheme, and a copy of the RISC
OS licence is supplied within the zip.

Thanks go to Sprow for pointing out that a soft-version of this was a
practical interim solution.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS