Re: [ARMini-support] Updated Aug 2015 ARMX6 OS

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:29:01 +0100

In message <1795752872.289695.1440008173724.JavaMail.root@md04.topaz.s
ynacor.com>
Andy Marks <andy.marks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have just issued another update to the Aug2015 Test OS update for
ARMX6. This contains further revisions to GPIO / hardware
identification, and arguably more excitingly, much improved LanManFS /
OmniClient. This allows connection using NTLM encrypted login used by
most modern NAS devices and Win7+ PCs.

Andrew,

That is brilliant! And seems to be working well. Access to my NAS (a
Zyxel NSA325) which was impossible with LanMan98 now works flawlessly.
And I don't have to faff about turning off the password setting in the
Windows 7 registry for PC shares. Great work!

Will this be/is this available for other ROMS, or is it specific to
the ARMX6?

In due course. I think I have an unreleased test ROM for ARMiniX due
for release, but that didn't have this in. If there's demand, I can
see what I can do.

I wasn't intending to release much more in the way of WIP upgrades for
ARMiniX due to ROOL changes relating to ZPP. We have a little more
control over ARMX6 ROMs. Indeed the ARMiniX test ROM is essentially
the last one pre-ZPP. If there's demand, I can look into getting a
new ROM built without ZPP, but it's not the simplest task.

As you may gather, I'm fairly heavily burdened with existing workload,
so I'd rather not make a promise I can't keep.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS