Re: [ARMini-support] Shutdown in 5.2x

  • From: Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 12:34:43 GMT

In message <11735aa753.chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The next step now is to try RISC OS 5.2x and so I tried the
> 03-Sep-2013 rom. This gives me RISC OS 5.21 (03-Sep-2013). When
> selecting CTRL-SHIFT-f12 I now get the message 'Your computer is ready
> to be switched off' offering just the one option 'Restart' which no
> longer works (the computer just freezes). So I have reverted to RISC
> OS 5.19 but it leaves me puzzled - why has something that worked been
> removed again?

The 06-Nov-2013 OMAP4 ROM still offers just the one choice, but it
does work again now. The 'Restart' option does now do a 'power on'
restart correctly again. However other people have reported problems
with that rom and so it is probably best to hold fire for a proper OS
release when all is stable.

--
Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>