Re: [ARMini-support] Playing CDs

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 18:31:04 GMT

Just to re-iterate what Keith is saying... what's needed is a digital
audio based CD player.  I'd kinda expect that !DigitalCD would do that
(based on the name) so perhaps there's an option in there somewhere
that we're missing?

If not, a module reading data from the CD and playing it back under
interrupt is what's needed.  I just can't help feeling that this has
already been done, and don't want to commission something if that's
the case.

As it stands, programs like !MusicMan will allow you to easily stick a
CD in and convert it to digital audio (MP3, OGG or uncompressed audio)
so that you can prepare a digital library of your music for playback
whenever you want on your ARMini.  However, I agree that a data-based
CD player would be really useful, as modern drives simply have no
analogue hook-ups at all.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS