Re: [ARMini-support] !NetTime no longer resetting clock

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ARMini-support list <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:32:59 +0000 (GMT)

In article <7e89b15d52.chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <046a7b5d52.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In message <525d46ebd5alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >   Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I've got a BB-xm running ARMini software which relies on !NetTime to
> >> reset the clock (no battery in BB-xm) at start up but today I've
> >> discovered that all the files created yesterday and today have the 02
> >> Jan 1970 date stamp so the clock has not reset. I've not changed
> >> anything !NetTime is still in $.Network.utils and the lines:

> I also has this: I found that where the clock has not been set (by
> whatever means, from the RTC for example) then NetTime fails the first
> time.

> I put a file in !Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks called SetTime (a short BASIC
> programme) containing

>    10 SYS "OS_Word",15,CHR$(15)+"Mon,17 Feb 1992"
>    20*NetTime_Kick
> and this cured it.

Unfortunately this has not worked for me as there is the error file
"NetTime_Kick not found" ie SetTime is running before !NetTime has fully
started and initialised the NetTime module.

I have my !Boot as supplied by the RComp Beagleboard Scheme. It has
!NetTime in $.Network.Utils folder and has it !Boot Configuration "Run at
startup" which has the lines:

$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Desktop$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.DesktopIfThere
Boot:^.Network.Utils.!NetTime Then Filer_Boot Boot:^.Network.Utils.!NetTime
IfThere Boot:^.Network.Utils.!NetTime Then Filer_Run
Boot:^.Network.Utils.!NetTime

In $.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Desktop

Is this where your copy is?

Alan