Re: [ARMini-support] !NetTime no longer resetting clock

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ARMini-support list <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 12:48:58 GMT

> But that is not where it is in the Armini scheme that I have. !NetTime
> including the nettime module are in a separate $.Network.Utils folder and
> the module is not in !System. !NetTime is run by the lines at the end of
> the !Boot.Choices.Boot.Desktop file which are after the lines in that file
> that run Tasks thus Settime is run before !NetTime so doesn't work for me.
> In your tasks !NetTime is run before SetTime ("pling" ! before S) so it
> works.

> I don't really want to alter the ARMini scheme set up so I haven't moved
> !NetTime to where you have put it. I did try putting *NetTime_Kick at the
> end of the !NetTime.!Run file but that just locks up the module with a
> there must be enough time for nettime to fetch the time from a net time
> server before it is kicked.

I suggest that once you guys have figured out a combination of "bits"
that work, we do a new !NetTime application that runs, loads the
module and sets things, and replace the version in Network.Utils.

Originally I included the one in Network.Utils in case it was needed
(assuming it wasn't), but my view has changed based on user feedback.
I think it would be useful to more users, and therefore if I can
package it into a form that just needs to be dropped into the "Run at
Startup" boot window, then that would be ideal.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS