Re: [ARMini-support] Delete key

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:53:32 GMT

In message <53acae14e9chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <1e0974ac53.Philip@administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Philip Draper <Philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is there any way to get the Delete key to remove the character
>> immediately to the right of the cursor using RO 5 (in my ARMiniX)?

> I thought that was the default in RISC OS 5. As far as I remember, it
> was necessary to run a third party app to revert to the 'old'
> behaviour. All my RISC OS 5 machines delete to the right.

This would have been my first thought also, but equally tradition
dictates that Copy/End key is delete to the right.

If I recall, the Keyboard configure plugin should allow "PC delete",
but as others have said, RISC OS 5 normally defaults to del-right.

Also, Messenger Pro's built in editor has a PC-style-delete option in
its Choices window. (Choices... Misc in the editor).  Other programs
also have this feature (I believe Easiwriter, and a number of others).

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS