Re: [ARMini-support] Battery life again

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:55:43 +0100

I don't think these points need to be laboured - they are unlikely to
affect the rest of us.

The original poster had a problem because the clock was wildly
incorrect and NetTime did not appear to correct this during boot
before the email download, but did 15 mins later, causing all the new
mail to be promptly expired.

On the other hand, when my machine had a flat battery and the clock
was wrong, the time *was* corrected during the boot process, which is
what NetTime is expected to do. So the real question is - why did it
go wrong for Harriet? I never run any mail etc apps during boot, but
only once the boot process has completed.

My machine uses DHCP for networking - there is a delay of 5 secs or
so while it is being setup during boot. Are you using DHCP, Harriet?

--
        Chris Johnson