Re: [ARMini-support] Battery life again

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:17:33 +0100

In message <523dbe2d54.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 27 Jul 2014 Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The rechargeable battery on this machine simply doesn't seem to keep up
> its voltage sufficiently, even with people sitting on the Internet for
> two or three hours at a time.  (After a week's absence, voltage was down
> to 2.3 when I thought to check this morning.)   Is there anything that
> can be done to fix this, or is the ARMini simply designed to be kept
> powered-up 24 hours a day?   I don't really want to do this as it means
> errors when unattended freeze the machine, quite apart from the heat
> generation/fire safety issues.

I've been logging, in a not particularly sophisticated way, the
battery charge level on my ARMini which has allowed me to work out the
relationship between rates of discharge and charge.

Keeping in mind all the appropriate disclaimers that other ARMinis may
have different batteries and that the pattern and kind of use it gets
may affect the results, it looks to me that to prevent long-term
discharge of the battery, my machine needs to be on for just over
seven hours in every 24 hours.

In other words, if I start with a fully charged battery, that level of
usage per day will restore the battery to full charge each day.

Regards

Andrew
--
Andrew Pinder