Re: [ARMini-support] [ARMini-support ]/ time sync [[was (grrr) Digest xyz]]

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:36:10 +0100

In article <26ba4c3054.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Barry J
<barryjerome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm on 5.21 and when you double click on !Boot for the config options
> it is the option after System, a clock icon labelled "Time and date".
> It gives the option to set manually or set from the network. Mine is on
> the default settings which are "set from the network" and 30m between
> checks.

So far as I can see and understand it, that sets using NetTime to tweak the
clock *rate* to drift the computer time closer to the 'real' time. But it
doesn't seem to correct the actual clock time to match the fetched value.

Andrew seems to have described a different button that sets the actual
time, not the clock rate. But as yet I haven't found it.

This is 5.21 21-Apr-14

Jim

Jim