[argyllcms] Re: ucmm screen selection by output name?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:29:32 +1100

Andy Lutomirski wrote:
Is the EDID missing, or is it in a differently named property ?

The EDID isn't there at all. It's a bug in the 2.7.0 intel driver, fixed upstream, and now patched on my machine. Fedora 11 hasn't picked up the fix.

OK, good to hear there is fix on the way.

LVDS more-or-less uniquely identifies the display, since you have to take apart the laptop to plug anything else in.

Sure, but my concern is that it's only available when XRandR is
present, and what happens if there is more than one adapter
(ie. there may be more than one "LVDS" in the system). I'm
sure it could all be figured out, but it's tough coding up
stuff that will work, when it can't be easily tested.

The display number doesn't work. My system lists VGA first, so when I plug in an external monitor, my laptop panel changes from 1 to 2.

Right, so it's a practical issue. It would work if the VGA appeared
second, or if you weren't switching between built in and external display.

Since I got EDID working by rebuilding the driver, this isn't a big deal for me anymore.

If it's really an ongoing problem I'll see about adding another fallback,
but currently I'm not sure if it is worth the effort.

cheers,