[argyllcms] spotread: periodically repeated measurements

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:03:06 +0100

Dear Graeme, hello List,

I just started with an extensive series of tests wit various light sources.

I planed to monitor and log the spectral stability over time with an eye-one and spotread (on MacOS), but encountered unexpected problems.

I launched
"spotread -v -e -s -x -H -T logfile.txt" in a new terminal window, made the calibration manually and then launced an AppleScript application with an idle handler like this:

on idle
        tell application "Terminal"
                activate
                do script "n" in window id 938 -- my spotread window
                do script "date" in window id 1078 -- another window
        end tell
        return 15
end idle

i.e. the handler sends "n" to the window where spotread is running and "date" to log date and time in a second window every 15 seconds.

Unfortunately spotread always repeats the result of the last manually initiated measurement instead of issuing a new measurement.

Any ideas? Alternative ways to go?

Thank you,
Klaus