[argyllcms] problem using scanin

  • From: Bernard <bdebreil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 18:24:15 +0200

Hi to Everyone,

I have just installed the latest version or Argyll available on my Ubuntu 13.04 repository, in an attempt to generate an icc profile for my camera. I shot my newly bought 'CMP Digital Target 4' and treated the RAW image in accordance to Pascal Debruijn's howto, using Darktable, so as to export a convenient 16-bit tiff file. Then I issued the following command:

sudo scanin -v -p -a -dipn img_0001.tiff /usr/share/color/argyll/ref/CMP_Digital_Target-3.cht CMP_DT3.txt

This lead to this:

scanin: Error - CGATS file 'CMP_DT3.txt' read error : Unable to open file 'CMP_DT3.txt' for reading

Prior to be opened for reading, the said output file should have been first generated. But it is nowhere to be found. I have no *.ti3 either. I got a diag.tif file, but I cannot do anything with it since it won't open either with Darktable or with Ufraw or the GIMP.

Next trial: after reading 'man scanin', I tried adding the '-g' option. This time I got no error, and I did get a CMP_DT3.txt file. Still I can't open the diag.tif file. And, if processing to the next step according to Pascal's manual, (colprof -q l -a m img_0001), I am being told that img_0001.ti3 is missing !

Thanks in advance for your help finding a proper uptodate howto for such work

Bernard