[argyllcms] Re: printcal difficulty

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 20:52:06 +1000

Kirk Economos wrote:
The test target is from ColorBurst RIP linearization module- ColorBurst
Bundles a oem Xrite Monaco Profiler and Colorport to create, print and
measure lin and profiling targets and it includes several built-in lin and
profiling targets.

Strange target then, that it doesn't include white. Either that or something
went wrong in the txt2ti3, but without the original file, it's not possible
to say.

My data includes only the measured data -no original reference data. CMYK
and LAB values of 1, 22, 43, 64 represent the measured value of the paper
with no ink (they should all be the same- but as you can see they vary
slightly.) I can't image that any measured target will have a white patch
(measured paper white) that would be cmyk 0,0,0,0.

I'm not sure what you mean. The definition of a white test patch is that
its CMYK be 0,0,0,0 = no colorant. That's what's sent to the printer.
The XYZ or Lab values are the resulting colors that are read from the printout.