[argyllcms] Re: inter-instrument matching tables

  • From: Roberto Michelena <colorsync@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:27:49 -0500

Thanks Gerhard, great starting points... now that I think of it, it's
likely that the errors magnitude are to some extent a function of hue,
chroma and lightness (i.e., larger in saturated reds, smaller in dark
blues, so on..).. maybe a better correlation could be found with LCh
or HSB instead of XYZ or Lab, and that'd reduce the polynomial order
of the function. So I guess the first task would be to find the proper
space.
I was indeed thinking of the "refine" command, but I wonder if it'll
work properly when dealing with such small tweaks (mostly under 1dE),
or would do more damage than good. Do you know if the "refine"
algorithm has provisions for not overshooting?

-- Roberto