[argyllcms] Re: iccgamut - segmentation fault on Power PC and Mac OSX 10.5 and Intel Mac running OSX 10.6.8

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:03:27 +1100

Vladimir Gajic wrote:
> when I try to generate a gamut of an ICC-profile under Argyll CMS
> 1.4.0 the program terminates with an segmentation fault.
>
> I use in  most cases: iccgam -v -d5.0 -ff -ia profile.icc

Hi,
        I'm afraid I am unable to reproduce this. The V1.4.0
executable works fine on my Intel Mac running 10.4.11, or
10.6.6, when run on the sRGB.icm profile in the ref folder.
The utility is named "iccgamut" - are you sure
you are actually using the one from here:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.4.0_osx10.4_i86_bin.tgz> ?

Graeme Gill

[And it really is time that Apple did something about the size of
 it's software updates - 10.6.6 -> 10.6.8 is over a Gig ! They seem
 to be replacing every single file in the OS, rather than just patching
 them or even just replacing selected .so's. The X Code update
 is 600 MB ! Makes Microsoft's updates look extremely frugal.]