[argyllcms] i1 Pro2 / dark calibration timer

  • From: tilman_temp@xxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:09:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

the i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer reportedly has a dynamic "dark calibration
timer", that can be read out by software and tells if the device is still
usable or has to be calibrated again.

When using dispcalGUI with ArgyllCMS 1.6.1, I get asked to calibrate my device
before every single task (like calibrating, profiling, veryfing, etc.), which
gets pretty annoying over time - especially when calibrating a projector -
since one has to move the meter everytime and hope to get it in the exact same
position again after black-point-calibration.
The developer of dispcalGUI said that this "dark-calibration-timer"-feature has
to be implemented in the Argyll drivers to overcome that behaviour.

So my question is, if there are any plans to do so, or if there is any other
way to prevent dispcal from forcing me to calibrate my meter everytime before
doing measurements?

Thanks.