[argyllcms] Re: dispwin -D -v infinite loops

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:23:02 +1100

Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
Now that I got EDID working, dispwin -D should be useful.  But it
keeps waking up a few times per second and making my mouse lag.

-D is kind of experimental. It polls because XRandR doesn't
trigger an event on a display being plugged in or removed as
it should (at least it didn't in the version I was testing on),
so an ugly hack is used to workaround this by calling XRRGetScreenResources()
every two seconds to trigger such notifications.
Evidently XRRGetScreenResources() causes your mouse to lag.

Short of XRandR being fixed to generate some sort of event when
a display is plugged in, your only option is to not use -D.
Setup dispwin -L to be invoked by a script, or do it manually whenever
the display configuration is changed.

cheers,