[argyllcms] Re: dispwin -D use a lot of cpu

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:01:35 +1100

Stefan Döhla wrote:

Yes. At some point I've added the binary ATI driver interface, which exposed some gamma ramp interfaces, that are only accessible with this thing and not directly via X. My assumption for the rationale behind this was that one can directly access video cards instead of screens or displays, like in X.

It's not a very large library - it would probably be possible
to reverse engineer it (it basically does a:
        XextCreateExtension()
        XextFindDisplay()
        XextAddDisplay()
        XFlush()
        XReply()
so I guessing simply creates a custom X Window protocol message
and sends it.)

It's called FGLRX, and to be honest, I'd hope it is not needed any more once there's a decent open-source ATI driver for X.

That's what I was hoping too. Real XRandR support has been very slow
to arrive from ATI/AMD and NVidia though.