[argyllcms] Re: dispwin -D use a lot of cpu

  • From: Andrew Lutomirski <amluto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:09:01 +0800

In my experience, dispwin -D (1.0, anyway) is rather buggy, but I've
had much better luck with my calibration staying loaded with a very
recent Xorg.  (The intel driver, on any Xorg older than the one in
Fedora 12, loves to reset the calibration on its own.  Other drivers
may behave similarly.)

You could also file a bug with the wine developers -- IMO wine has no
business changing the calibration under any circumstances (except when
running a full-screen game, I suppose, although I don't really
understand why games feel the need to change the calibration).

It might be nice if there were some standard library for full-screen
programs that want to display at a nonstandard gamma to use to (a)
restore the calibration properly when closed and (b) compose the gamma
correction with the calibration instead of replacing it.

--Andy