[argyllcms] Re: dispcalGUI v0.2.5b rc1

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:25:10 +0200

Hello Martin,

Great update improving usability for novice users, especially the
presets and unattended transition from calibration to profiling
(tested with the dtp94).

Good to hear.

However, I'm trying to execute dispcalGUI on Xubuntu. I've run the
install.sh file and launched from the Graphics-menu. The Terminal pops
up and then nothing, no text displayed.

Are any error messages shown when running dispcalGUI from a manually opened terminal? Also, there should hopefully be a logfile at ~/.local/share/dispcalGUI/logs/dispcalGUI.log
which might hint at what went wrong.

Also, running dispcalGUI on Vista I noticed a considerable increase in
Dos promt initialization time. Maybe doubled, trippled?

Could have to do with the higher compression I used for the executable. Maybe it'll be better if I leave the exe uncompressed.

I'll try it on Mac soon.

Martin Weberg

Regards,

Florian Höch