[argyllcms] dispcal not working with Spyder 2 on openSUSE 11.3 (and Fedora F13)

  • From: Michael Schmuker <schmuker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:46:45 +0200

Dear argyllcms list,

having just received my shiny new lenovo T410s, I was shocked by the
ugly colors of the display in the default mode :) So I wanted to
calibrate the display with Argyll and my Spyder2, as I did on my old
laptop.

The problem is: Argyll hangs after calling dispcal. Verbose mode shows
that it doesn't get past "Setting up the instrument". The firmware file
is present; the exact same installation worked with OpenSUSE 11.2 on my
previous laptop. What might be the problem, and how can I help debug it?

Some information about my system:
kernel 2.6.34
CPU: Core i5 520M
Intel HD Graphics