[argyllcms] Re: dcraw linear workflow?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 15:31:27 -0700
On 2009 Sep 8, at 2:08 PM, edmund ronald wrote:

At the risk of repeating the obvious, as usual, if you use the dcraw
output to create a profile with Argyll, do you then have bad results
when applying the same profile to the dcraw output ?

Edmund,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I develop a RAW image with the target dominating the frame with a TIFF file as the output. I feed that TIFF file to Argyll to build a profile, and then apply that profile to the exact same TIFF file.

If I create the TIFF file with ACR with the image close to the proper exposure, white balance, etc., the results are great. When I create a linear TIFF file with dcraw...well...it's not even close.

Cheers,

b&