[argyllcms] convert shaper/matrix-based profile to vcgt/LUT-based profile? [restrict wide gamut display to sRGB]

  • From: "Marcus Blomenkamp" <mblomenk@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 23:25:02 +0200

Hi all,

hopefully i got the terminology right and someone can point me in the right
direction for solving the following problem: I have a non-color-managed
application displaying content on a wide gamut screen and the application
cannot be modified (OpenGL under X11). My idea was to calibrate the screen to
sRGB by uploading an apppropriate curve to the display adapters LUT. I have an
ICM profile for the screen, however it seems to be a shaper/matrix based one,
because it does not contain a VCGT tag (but it does contain AtoB0 and BtoA0
tables of 50740 bytes each).

What would be the proper sequence of commands to generate a reasonably correct
calibration curve embedded as VCGT so i can upload it using the respective
tools, eg xcalib? Hint: I'am not aiming for serious color correctness but - i
just want to correct the color overshooting that is visible to the untrained
eye.

cheers,
Marcus