[argyllcms] colverify -L .. endless loop?

  • From: "Brad Funkhouser" <brad.funkhouser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:58:44 -0500

I got a Fuji Crystal Archive 2584 patch target printed so I could experiment
with a camera profile built from those spectral characteristics versus the
inkjet pigments on a 2584 patch Museo Silver Rag target.

After doing "camera as colorimeter" scanins using the two camera profiles on
each others targets, I wanted to get analysis data of how the photographic
paper based profile did reading the inkjet target and vice versa.

In each case I wanted to restrict the analysis to patches in the
intersection of the gamuts.  I built printer profiles for each target to
define their gamuts for use with the colverify -L option.

But when I added -L, colverify went into a compute intensive endless loop.
Here's one of the commands that spun:

   colverify -v2  -D  -LPrinter_SilverRag.icm
FujiCATarget_measured_i1pro.ti3   FujiCATarget_measured_camera_SilverRag.ti3

This command works without the -L, but then I'm including patches that I
don't want to take into account.

I upgraded to 1.6.3 and rechecked.  Same problem.  I let it run for about 20
minutes just in case it was trying to be super accurate about something, but
then I killed it.

Nothing urgent.. only a learning experiment.  Just thought I'd report it,
and ask, am I using -L correctly?

Thanks.

- Brad