[argyllcms] Re: cmf file format in ArgyllCMS

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 08:19:19 +0000

On 9 January 2014 00:50, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>         it's something I've used in some private code, and I added support
> for it in specplot. I haven't added an index field at this stage, although
> I might do at some latter point in time. It's implicitly X, Y & Z.

So it's fair to say that CMFs always have 3 sets of unindexed data,
implicitly XYZ, and that spectral plots can contain 1..n sets of data
that can optionally be indexed. If that's true I'll do the same in
colord then users can re-use the specplot command as a visual check.

> Perhaps you could explain what you are looking for ?

I'm really just playing and learning at this point, CCTs, CRIs etc.
I'm adding some helper functions into libcolord that allow me to load
and save spectra to a file, and I figured it was better to use
something existing rather than re-invent the wheel.

On that note, what does SPECTRAL_NORM mean? I expected it to mean that
all the data vales were normallized to that value, but example.sp
seems to have data values larger than the SPECTRAL_NORM value.

Thanks,

Richard.