[argyllcms] Re: cctiff on JPG image

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:49:38 +1000

umberto.guidali@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does the tool provide a "reconversion"
> of the pixels using JPG compression algoritm? So, in the new JPG image
> I can loss some details because the new JPG is generated using data
> exctracetd from original JPG with lossy compression?

Hi,
        yes, cctiff assumes that the primary purpose is to change
the pixel values, so it decompresses and then re-compresses jpeg data.
A default quality value will be used. Embedding a profile is really a
side effect.

I'll see if I can special case the situation where there
are no profiles defined for jpeg to jpeg transformation.