[argyllcms] cctiff on JPG image

  • From: "umberto.guidali@xxxxxxxxxx" <umberto.guidali@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:29:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi to all,

I am working with cctiff tool for fix this issue: I have
some image produced by scanning kodak films on a Agfa d-lab and saved
as a JPG without enbedded ICC; only exif tag "colospace" is set to sRGB
value.

When I view them on a widegamut display I see a lot of
saturated color (especially the red one). I am trayng to enbedding the
standars sRGB (provide with ref in argyll) using -e option and the
result in viewing is fine.

The question is: if I don't specify the -q
values the new jpg image is smoller than the original (in terms of
Kbyte) with the same number of pixels; if I set 100 in -q the new image
is more big then the original. Does the tool provide a "reconversion"
of the pixels using JPG compression algoritm? So, in the new JPG image
I can loss some details because the new JPG is generated using data
exctracetd from original JPG with lossy compression?

many thanks in
advance
Umberto

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di
uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un
amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/