[argyllcms] Re: Workspace mapping

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 10:31:03 +1100

robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Well from Photoshop (which is where I would do most of the workspace
> mapping) I only have the standard icc profiles and they are all
> matrix-based.
>
> I don't know ArgyllCMS well enough to know how to construct a table-based
> profile for workspace-workspace mapping (but Claas has very kindly shown me
> how, so now I do know).

It depends on what workflow you are after. As Claas outline, you can
certainly create a CLUT sRGB profile that can then include
gamut mapping in its B2A tables by creating a test chart and using
fakeread + colprof.

> Now that you mention it, I see that I could also do the conversion using
> cctiff ... but from a workflow point of view it's easier doing it all in
> Photoshop using Convert to Profile (to the collink-generated profile)
> followed by Assign Profile to the standard color space profile, as Class has
> explained to me.

Right, but a device link using "collink -G ..." will result in a much
higher quality transformation directly from one RGB space to another.