[argyllcms] Workspace mapping

  • From: <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 11:01:29 +0100

Hi,

I need to be able to convert from a larger working space like Adobe RGB or
ProPhoto RGB to sRGB and I would like to do it using a Perceptual mapping
(which isn't possible directly as only a Relative Colorimetric mapping is
available between working spaces).

Is it possible to construct a table-based profile to map to an intermediate
image file, so that I can do a Perceptual map to this image file and then a
RC mapping to sRGB?

If it is, then how would I go about making this profile using Argyll?
Ideally I would like the same profile for the forward and reverse mapping.

If at all possible I would like to be able to do this mathematically, rather
than by trying to scan from color spots from my monitor ... or something
like that!

Help much appreciated!!

Robert