[argyllcms] Re: Windows 8 Colormunki driver

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:51:30 +1100

János, Tóth F. wrote:
> "In fact after installing the first instrument, subsequent instruments will
> work straight away."
>
> That doesn't sound like a good idea unless you fixed the problem with the
> i1d3 driver. (The device works for a measuring session but becomes
> unavailable after that.)

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. i1d3 uses HID by default on MSWin and OS X,
so doesn't need a USB driver installed. It works perfectly as far
as I'm aware on all supported OS's.

It sure seems more convenient to install USB drivers once rather than
for each instrument, especially when the Win8 boot-in-disable-driver
-signing-enforcement-mode is needed!

The only problem similar to what you refer to that I know about is
the i1 pro Rev D on certain versions of Linux, but that has nothing
to do with installing USB drivers on MSWin.