[argyllcms] Re: What operating system versions would be good to test Argyll on ?

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:20:35 +0100

Hi,

Graeme Gill wrote:

If I was to setup a system to do some testing of Argyll
on a wider distribution of Linux and other similar
systems, what would people recommend I try and set
up ?

Comments or suggestions ? Additions ?

Sounds like a job for VMWare Server!

Given enough RAM you can run several different operating systems side-by-side, and even "pause" them - and resume later.

For the purposes of Argyll, though, I'm not sure what support, if any, it has for video LUTs. It still might have some usefulness though. :)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson