[argyllcms] Re: What operating system versions would be good to test Argyll on ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:05:54 +1000

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

Given enough RAM you can run several different operating systems side-by-side, and even "pause" them - and resume later.
For the purposes of Argyll, though, I'm not sure what support, if any, it has for video LUTs. It still might have some usefulness though. :)

That's a good idea, but yes, it depends rather heavily on whether the VM will run things like the vendor specific video drivers (ie. NVidia and ATI binary drivers). I'll take a look into it.