[argyllcms] Re: WP correction with ICC based CMS applications.

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:10:22 +0200

Am 24.10.2010 01:09, schrieb János, Tóth F.:
[...] Absolute colorimetric is clearly broken in MPC-HC. It produces a
very bluish gray gradient with some other artifacts.

I can confirm this. Actually, in MPC-HC the result gets gradually bluer the higher the whitepoint's color temperature of the display profile is. I tried three profiles with absolute colorimetric in MPC-HC, one with 5000 K whitepont (blueish result, this is the only one where this is expected as a 6500K whitepoint is simulated in a 5000K target space), 6500 K whitepoint (even more blueish where no change in whitepoint should be expected at all), 10000K whitepoint (by far the most blueish result, where it should be more yellowish). So I think you're right, their implementation of absolute colorimetric rendering is currently broken in one way or another.

--
Florian Höch