[argyllcms] Re: Video color grading with print reference

  • From: Matthieu DUBAIL <matthieu.dubail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:56:18 +0200

Thanks,
Actually, I won't be able to work on prints prior video color grading. The
only thing I can do is working on light table source. I know I'll get some
color inaccuracy but it might be better than having to do direct comparison
between D50 illuminated print and D65 video display.

As for brightness, the light table tubes are dimmable but I know that it
directly affect their color and IRC. I might get rid of magenta shift by
using color filter gel.

I once tried to figure out how to compute color filter gel correction (kodak
CC filters) from a argyll-i1pro mesurement, the way photo-cine
thermocolorimeters do. I looked at minolta's thermo patents but I wasn't
able to find any formulas.
Do you have such formula?
Plus, I also searched for color filter gel spectras but didn't found it
either. That would definitely be an interesting spectra database.

thanks graeme

 Matthieu DUBAIL
 matthieu-dubail.com
Paris, 4ème