[argyllcms] Re: Strange results on a projector

  • From: "stolfo" <stolfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:08:07 +0100

What I do to calibrate my projector (that has very limited settings too): I
use ColorimetreHCFR to do a rough setting, to obtain a 6500K white, and a
6500K dark gray, and setting contrast and luminosity to correct values
(luminosity for black level, and contrast for white level).

Then I launch dispcal to fine tune the gamma curves, and it works great.

Stoub

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:14:50 +0100 (CET), Frédéric wrote
> Le 19/2/2008, "Nicolas Mailhot" <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
>
> >While I'd love for Argyll to get good projector support, I think that
> >right now http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/index_en.php is a
> >better choice. It can be used to do fine adjusting of settings
> >projector-side manually.
>
> Yes and no. I have this device, but then you only work on projector
> hardware settings. We didn't had time to try it, but as this
> projector's settings are very limited (brightness/contrast/R/V/B,
>  only on 6 bits) and provided strange results, we decided to let
> them at their default values, and to only work on the LUT.
>
> We tried to boost red channel, but argyll modified the LUT to get
> back to a neutral grey (and it did it well). And it didn't change
> anything on the final result.
>
> Do you think using a real external filter in front of the lens could
> lead to better results? Does someone have experience with such tunning?
>
> --
>    Frédéric

...gardez le lien avec le Cantal...
http://www.cantal.com/