[argyllcms] Re: Strange Cursor/Brush display problems with LUT display profile in Photoshop CS3

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:06:06 +0200

Yes, I can reproduce this problem (Mac OS X 10.4.11, also CS3) using your profile (it's really interesting. It looks exactly like your screenshot, and the cursor gets darker when I move it until it is just a black box). Strangely, it doesn't happen under Windows XP. I also extracted the ti3 data from the profile and built two new profiles using colprof (one matrix, one lab lut) to see if that would help - to no avail. The problem is maybe not the profile, but the embedded vcgt calibration curves - I only have no idea how and why. Like you said, maybe a OS X-specific Photoshop bug that no one had discovered yet?

Regards,

Florian

Klaus Karcher schrieb:
Hi,

I've made a quick test profile (LUT) for my display with ArgyllCMS 1.0.2 / dispcalGUI v0.1 beta. When I use this profile, I get strange cursor / brush display problems in Photoshop CS3 (See Attachments. The screenshot is faked as MacOS hides the cursor in ordinary screenshots).

Any ideas? Is the problem reproducible on other systems?

I guess it's rather a Photoshop issue than a problem with Argyll as the profile seems to be perfectly valid.

BTW: even though Photoshop should recognize profile changes immediately, the display problem occurs/disappears not until Photoshop has been restarted.

MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.5.4, Photoshop CS3 10.0.1

Klaus