[argyllcms] Re: Strange Cursor/Brush display problems with LUT display profile in Photoshop CS3

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 09:17:11 -0700
On 2008 Aug 24, at 8:06 AM, Klaus Karcher wrote:

Hi,

I've made a quick test profile (LUT) for my display with ArgyllCMS 1.0.2 / dispcalGUI v0.1 beta. When I use this profile, I get strange cursor / brush display problems in Photoshop CS3 (See Attachments. The screenshot is faked as MacOS hides the cursor in ordinary screenshots).

I've had that problem, as well. I never thought to associate it with Argyll; I just assumed it was some random Photoshop bug.

This is on a Mac with PS CS3.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've noticed the bug since I started using shaper profiles instead of LUT. (On my system, the shaper profiles not only produce better numerical fits according to peak / average error reports from colprof, but they produce visually better results as well: smoother transitions in both highlight / shadow and fewer artifacts in a Grainger Rainbow). However, switching to a LUT profile just now didn't trigger the bug. Perhaps it makes a difference what kind of profile is active at Photoshop and or OS X launch?

Cheers,

b&