[argyllcms] Re: Spyder 2 isn't working :(

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:35:15 +1100

Christian Mayer wrote:

Kubuntu 10.10 - so it's Linux with argyll in version 1.1.1 (package
version 1.1.1-1)

spyd2: Get Reading, clocks = 500, minfc = 0, maxfc = 0
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x2000
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x2000

These USB operations are timing out.

Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x100
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x100

And these USB operations are now simply failing.

I've no idea why this would be. The Spyder is very
temperamental about USB. You could try using some
other USB port on you machine (it is known
to not work through hubs).

Beyond that would mean looking into how the Linux USB drivers
are interacting with the Spyder. If you're interested in
pursuing this, you could raise the problem on the Linux
USB mailing list, and ask the developers for some help
in tracking down what's going on. I'm afraid I can't do this,
since I am unable to reproduce your problem on my hardware.