[argyllcms] Spyder 2 isn't working :(

  • From: Christian Mayer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:09:13 +0100

Trying the Spyder 2 on my new laptop I've also got another problem:
it's not working.

I've successfully extraced the driver with "spyd2en -v".
I've also checked that "spotread -?" showed the device.

But now a test with spotread gave the error message:

  Instrument initialisation failed with 'Communications failure'
(Communications failure)!

Or, to be more precise: "spotread -c 1 -v -N -D 9999" gave me:
[...]
spyd2: Load PLD 8 bytes
Load PLD returns ICOM err 0x0

spyd2: Load PLD 8 bytes
Load PLD returns ICOM err 0x0

spyd2: Get Status
Get Status returns 0 ICOM err 0x0
spyd2: PLD pattern downloaded

spyd2: Get Reading, clocks = 500, minfc = 0, maxfc = 0
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x100
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x100
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x100
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0
Get Reading Stat retry with ICOM err 0x100
Trigger Get Reading returns ICOM code 0x0

spyd2: Get Reading Stat failed with ICOM err 0x100
Instrument initialisation failed with 'Communications failure'
(Communications failure)!
icoms: delete called
icoms: closing port
usb_close_port() called