[argyllcms] Re: Silly questions about making a printer profile, more questions.

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 15:36:05 -0600

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 15:09 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 23:58 +0000, Derek Wells wrote:
> > Hi Leonard,
> > Depending on the printer you're attempting to profile, you only need to make
> > one target with targen.
> > Use targen option -d2 if your printer is presented as an RGB device by its
> > driver, and option -d4 if it's presented as a CMYK device.
> > Since you mention Epson, it's most likely that you'd need to use -d2.

Never mind!

I see what the problem is.  I have the Fedora 14 Argyllcms package
installed.  I decided to work with it although it screws some things up,
and most of you disapprove of it.  In principle, it may eventually
better integrate Argylcms color management with gnome.   I need to stick
with it at present because I am using the gnome color management method
to ensure I have my display calibration installed in X when I login.  (I
could of course change that, and maybe I will!)

But I've now downloaded the official Linux executables and put them
in /us r/local. They show  d2  as meaning  Print RGB.  I will use the
new executables to make my printer profile.   I guess it is going to be
a pain keeping the two sets of executables apart, but I think I can
manage it for a while at least.   I hope the dispute will be worked out
(presumably at the gnome package end) in the near  future!