[argyllcms] Re: Sensor (colormunki) orientation on LCD panel

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:34:40 +1000

Jürgen Lilien wrote:
Is this a known fact/problem?
How to determine the right sensor orientation?

It depends on the instrument. It was something that's quite
noticeable with the Spectrolino, but much less so with the
i1pro. I'd be surprised if the ColorMunki was worse than
the i1pro.

To check the effect, throw up a test patch using dispwin -m, and
then use spotread to check the measurement at different angles.
You can use 'r' to create a reference and then see the delta E.

If there is nothing better to go on, I'd stick to the manufacturers
recommended orientation.